Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Top 3 Things I Loved About Today

#3 Thing I Loved:  I got to pull garlic mustard for an hour at Crosby Farm Park, uninterrupted, by myself.  You know you're hard up for uninterrupted time to do something when weed-pulling becomes bliss simply because you get to do it straight through for a whole hour without having to stop.  Confession:  In some ways I actually love being hard up for time in this way.  It fosters much more joy and appreciation than having too much time all to myself.

#2 Thing I Loved:  I actually think I've finished revising Part 1 of my book, at least for now (I expect ripple effect changes in all the book's sections as I move forward with revision), and I'm actually ready to move in to working on Part 2.  My goal was to finish work on Part 1 by May 20, so yahoo for coming pretty darn close to that deadline.  Today I also realized definitively that I want to use a non-chronological narrative because I noticed how much the energy in the book picked up as I started to describe Bridger as a verbal toddler and young child rather than just as a baby making my life miserable with his sleeplessness and incessant nursing.  I want to make sure to weave in scenes of my kids as older children alongside the baby stuff.  I hadn't known that I wanted to do that until today, and the discovery was exciting.

And number 1:  

I was lecturing Cass a bit about something this morning, I can't remember what.  She started to put her hands over her ears, but then she looked up at me instead, dropped her hands, and said, "Mama, I don't like you talking, but I love you."

Ah, my fabulous little girl.  Thank you for that.


3 comments:

patricia said...

Your book progress does sound exciting! I'd love to hear more about the project. It's always a thrill to re-envision how you're going to go about a section of your writing. Some of my friends hate revising, but I actually love it. You've made the clay and you get to play with it!

Hannah Eye said...

Congrats on the book progress/breakthrough!! I am so excited for you to be *done* - one of these days.

I hear you about weed-pulling. Even cleaning the toilet alone is ecstasy.

And finally, I think you could write a little novelty book with wisdom just from Cassidy.

Los Pyefeld said...

p.s. love your topic. Think I might steal it!